141 W. Renfro St.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The city secretary is an officer of the City, appointed by the City Council
. The position of city secretary is a statutory position required by state law and the City Charter.
In addition to the statutory duties of the position, the city secretary serves as records management officer and the election administrator.
The city secretary's services include:
- Posting all agendas, attending all meetings of the City Council, and keeping accurate records of the proceedings
- Serving as custodian of the city corporate seal and attesting the mayor's signature on all official document
- Serving as the chief election official for the City of Burleson, which includes being responsible for the administration of the City’s general elections
- Issuing certain permits and licenses for various operations within the City of Burleson, including alcoholic beverage licenses and amusement center, bingo, and taxi permits
- Coordinating the codification of city ordinances into the City Code of Ordinances. Posting all legal notices in compliance with state laws and publishes all legal ads and notices for the City
- Coordinating all board and committee of the council, including meeting agendas, minutes, and applications