Landscape Irrigation Variance Guidelines
Under certain circumstances, the City of Burleson may grant a variance to the lawn watering restrictions. It is recommended that when selecting new landscaping you consider moisture and soil requirements for proposed landscaping and select plants conducive to the local climate. For recommendations and guidance, such as plant types, garden design, and plant care tips, visit www.txsmartscape.com
Variances are typically issued for:
- Installation of new landscaping installed with new construction.
- Irrigation of hydro-mulched areas to promote ground cover and reduce erosion of soils.
- Cases determined to be in the interest of protecting property and the environment.
- At the Public Works Director or designee's discretion.
Variances will not be approved due to:
- Poorly designed irrigation systems.
- Failure to properly irrigate during allowed timeframes.
- Installation of delicate landscaping.
To request a variance, please submit an online Landscape Irrigation Variance Request. For additional information or questions, contact the Public Works Department at 817-426-9830.