Be Healthy Initiative
The City of Burleson is happy to announce the community awareness program, "Be Burleson. Be Safe. Be Well. Be Healthy." We will work to keep you aware of events and educational opportunities in the community for you and your family. Also, the Be Healthy Initiative will host several events throughout the year to help families Be Healthy. When we are safe, well, and healthy, everyone wins.
Be Healthy Calendar
For information on upcoming Burleson community events related to health, wellness, and safety, please take a look at our online calendar
Have an event to be added to the online calendar? Please complete the Calendar Request Form
Be Healthy 2013
The City of Burleson's Be Healthy Initiative in conjunction with Huguley Memorial Medical Center are working together again to provide opportunities for Burleson residents to "Be Healthy" throughout 2013. The events are listed by month below. Additional details will be added as they become available.
- July 3, 2013 @ Burleson Rec Center, 2p-7p
- "Salute to Soldiers" Blood Drive
- The Red Cross will be onsite at the BRiCk to accept donations of blood the afternoon of July 3rd.
- Back-to School/ Vaccinations
- September 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, and October 1st, 8th
- Walking for Wellness Series (Weekly)
- The Be Healthy Initiative will again host the Walking for Wellness Series this fall starting September 3rd and ending October 8th. This year walks will be held each week on Tuesday evenings.
- September 21, 2013
- Family Field Day/ Childhood Obesity Awareness Month
- October 17, 2013
- Safe Kids Fair
- Diabetes Awareness Month
- Rotary Reindeer Run 5K
For more information about the program, please see FAQs on the right or contact Assistant to the City Manager Kellye Cunningham at 817-426-9682 or email