Water Supply

General Information
A permit is required for the installation of a new water supply, which must comply with the requirements of the International Plumbing Code and International Residential Code.

State law allows a homeowner to perform this work on his/her homestead. However, any other person performing this work must be a licensed plumber registered as a contractor with the City of Burleson.

Specific Requirements
  1. Piping must be of an approved material.
  2. A shut off valve must be installed prior to entering the house.
  3. Burial depth of the water line must be a minimum of 12".
  4. Piping size is in accordance with the 2006 International Residential Code and the 2006 International Plumbing Code.
Submittal Requirements
All components listed above must be submitted with the Building Permit Application. Application packages must be completed and submitted to the Building Permits and Inspections department at 141 W Renfro Street, Burleson, TX 76028.

An inspection will be required upon completion of work.The inspection request line number is 817-426-9636. This is an automated line that is available 24 hours a day. Our office hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Any inspection called in before 8 a.m. will be made that day and inspections called in after 8 a.m. will be made the following day.

Please contact Building Permits and Inspections at 817-426-9611 for additional information.