Parent-Child Play and Learn (ages 12-36 mo.)
These Saturday sessions will not require registration, but only fifteen families will be able to attend per session. Families are not required to attend all five sessions.
Saturdays, August 10 - September 7, 10:30 to 11:45 a.m.
Play, learn and grow with your toddler (12-36 months) in an informal setting with other parents and toddlers.
Session topics include early literacy; speech, hearing and development; child development; nutrition; and music, play and movement. Someone who knows about each topic will be on hand to answer questions.
Your child should be between 12 and 36 months at the time of the session.
Siblings under the age of 5 may attend with the registered child and parent(s) or caregiver.
If you have any questions, please call 817-426-9211.
Family Place™ at the Burleson Public Library
A Family Place Library™ is a center for early childhood information, parent education, emergent literacy, socialization and family support. Family Place builds on the knowledge that good health, early learning, parent involvement and supportive communities play a critical role in young children's growth and development. Each Family Place Library features the following core elements:
- A bright, colorful and welcoming space for young children and their parents.
- A collection of books, toys, videos, music and other materials for babies, toddlers, parents and service providers.
- Access to resources that emphasize emergent literacy, reading readiness and parent education.
- Developmentally appropriate programming, such as baby and toddler storytimes for younger children and their parents.
- Outreach to new and underserved populations.
- The Parent-Child Play and Learn is a five-week workshop featuring local professionals, such as nutritionists, speech and language therapists and child development experts, who serve as resources for parents.
The Burleson Public Library Family Place Program™ is made possible in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services to the Texas State Library and Archives Commission under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act (2016).