Municipal Court of Record
The Clerk’s Office can assist you with your citation(s) at the counter.
You may also consider using our NO-CONTACT OPTIONS to take care of your citation(s) without entering the court building. Please note that some citations/charges may not qualify for online requests.
- Citation Search: To search case information
- Deferred Disposition - To check eligibility and make a request.
- Driving Safety Course - To check eligibility and make a request.
- “Ask the Court Clerk” - You may submit documents, request a court date, or ask a question. Motions for Continuance on Trial dockets cannot be filed here. You must mail in your request or appear at the court clerk window.
- Pay Online or Pay by Phone at 1-800-444-1187.
- Drive-Thru and Drop Box assistance on the SE side of the building.
- You may reach the Court Clerk for assistance during normal business hours at 817-426-9220.
The Municipal Court is the judicial branch of the City of Burleson, and is a part of the state judicial system. The Municipal Court strives to administer justice in a fair, efficient, and timely manner. Court services are available in person and online, by telephone, and through the mail.
The Municipal Court is a court of record. Proceedings are governed by the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure and Chapter 30 of the Texas Government Code.
- How long do I have to take care of my citation?
You have 20 business days from the date of the offense to take care of your citation. You can take care of it by mail or in person. A telephone call does not constitute an appearance.
- Can anyone take care of my citation for me?
State law will only allow a licensed attorney to act on the behalf of someone else.
- Do I have to have an attorney to represent my case?
No, you may retain an attorney but you do not have to have one. As this is a fine only offense the court will not appoint an attorney.
- What forms of payment does the Burleson Municipal Court accept?
Cash, Check, Cashier’s Check, Money Orders, Mastercard and Visa
- How much is my citation?
You may use the Citation Search tool to find the amount of your citation.