Municipal Court of Record
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Operational Changes The Municipal Court Building is now open to the public. The Municipal Court will be operating with temporary occupancy limits, social distancing and other mandated guidelines being observed to ensure safety for the public and court staff. The Court Clerk’s Office can assist you with your citation(s) at the counter.
You may also consider using our NO-CONTACT OPTIONS to take care of your citation(s) without entering the court building. Please note that some citations/charges may not qualify for online requests.
- Citation Search: To search case information
- Deferred Disposition - To check eligibility and make a request.
- Driving Safety Course - To check eligibility and make a request.
- “Ask the Court Clerk” - You may submit documents, request a court date, or ask a question.
- Pay Online or Pay by Phone at 1-800-444-1187.
- Drive-Thru and Drop Box assistance on the NE side of the building.
- You may reach the Court Clerk for assistance during normal business hours at 817-426-9220.
Court Hearings including Trials are currently being conducted Remotely by Virtual Hearings. Virtual Court hearings are treated the same as In Person Court Hearing protocols of dress, conduct and behavior. This is an official Court Appearance and should be treated as such. Virtual Court proceedings may be viewed by the public under the Texas Open Court rule.
The Municipal Court is the judicial branch of the City of Burleson, and is a part of the state judicial system. The Municipal Court strives to administer justice in a fair, efficient, and timely manner. Court services are available in person and online, by telephone, and through the mail.
The Municipal Court is a court of record. Proceedings are governed by the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure and Chapter 30 of the Texas Government Code.
Local Rules of Decorum and Conduct