On July 28, 2021, the City’s environmental services division was notified that three mosquito traps tested positive for West Nile virus.
The areas are:
- Zone 8, in the area of Gregory Street, Warren Street, Miller Street, Dobson Street, Hidden Creek Parkway, Hidden Vistas, Irene Street, and Arnold Street View Map
- Zone 9 is in the area of I-35W, Wilshire, Rigney Way, Warren and Gregory View Map
- Zone 10 is in the area of Peach, Walnut, Alsbury, and Renfro Street View Map
- Zone 11 is in the area of John Jones Drive, Remington Circle, CR 714, and Broad Valley Ct. View Map
- Zone 12 is in the area of Hidden Creek Parkway, Hidden Vistas Blvd, Big Horn Dr, Valley Crest Dr, Cozby Ln, Hidden Lake Dr, and Hidden Oaks Drive View Map
The City of Burleson will conduct ground-based spraying for mosquitoes between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. on Friday, July 30, and then again on Saturday, July 31. The ground spraying will be performed in targeted subdivision within the designated spray zones.
In the event of rain or if wind speeds are above 10 miles per hour, the spraying may be rescheduled. This method of spraying targets flying mosquitoes that come in contact with the pesticide in the spray or fog. These times have been chosen because they are the times that most mosquitoes are active (flying).
For more information and to find out what zone you live.