News Flash

City Updates

Posted on: January 6, 2023

City Council Candidate Packets Now Available

Election Packets

City council places for the Mayor, Place 2, Place 4 and Place 6 will be on the May 6, 2023, ballot. All are three-year terms. If you are interested in running for a seat, city council candidate packets are available online at or at City Hall, 141 Renfro Street, Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The filing period is open from January 18 through February 17. 


  • How do I get my name on the ballot?
    File form AW2-21 - Application for Place on the Ballot with the City Secretary within the filing period: January 18, 2023 to February 17, 2023 at Burleson City Hall M-F 8a.m. to 5p.m.
    In Person: City Secretary’s Office, Burleson City Hall 141 W. Renfro, Burleson, TX 76028
    Mail/Email/Fax: Call City Secretary at 817- 426-9665 or email - for instructions.


  • What places are on the ballot for the May 6, 2023 election and how long are the terms?
    Mayor and Council Places 2, 4, and 6 are up for election this year. All are three-year terms. 

  • Are the different council places related to physical locations? Do I have to live in a certain area of the city to run in a specific place?
    No, all the places are at-large meaning anywhere within the corporate limits of the City of Burleson.

  • Does it cost money to run for City Council?
    No, there is no fee associated with running for City Council.

  • Is being a councilmember or mayor a full time job? Do I get paid?
    No, service on the City Council is not a full time job, however, council meeting attendance requirements do exist. Each member of council, including the mayor, is paid $5 per regularly scheduled meeting attended. 

  • How often does council meet, where, and what time?
    City Council regular council meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month. They are held at Burleson City Hall in the council chambers. There are several times during the year that special council meetings are held, usually on an as needed basis.

  • As a candidate for City Council with whom and where do I file my paperwork?
    All required paperwork is filed with the City Secretary located at 141 W. Renfro St, Burleson, TX 76028.

Please remember it is each candidate’s responsibility to meet all required deadlines. Check your election calendar and packet information often. 

As always, if you have questions or need any clarification please contact the city secretary:
Amanda Campos
City Secretary
Phone: 817-426-9665 
Text: 817-291-5846

Additional Info...
Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in City Updates