The City of Burleson’s BTX Home Improvement Rebate Program is a unique initiative aimed at assisting homeowners in the city with the financial responsibility of maintaining and improving older homes. This program reflects the city's strong commitment to reinvesting in its mature residential neighborhoods and promoting quality housing.
To be eligible for the program, properties must meet the following requirements:
- Single family houses, duplexes, townhomes, and condominiums located within Burleson city limits.
- Homes that are 25 years or older.
- Owner-occupied at the time of application.
- Current on all state, federal, and local taxes at the time of application.
- The County Appraisal District appraised total value of the home must be less than or equal to 70% of the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) single-family mortgage limit for the current year of the application.
Eligible improvements include both interior and exterior upgrades, with expenditures on the property totaling 10% or more of the Central Appraisal District’s value of the property.
The BTX Home Improvement Rebate Program offers a rebate of up to $5,000 per property per 12 months. The rebate structure includes a 25% rebate on exterior improvements and a 10% rebate on interior improvements.
To learn more about the application process and eligibility for the BTX Home Improvement Rebate Program, please visit www.burlesontx.com/rebate