How do I dispose of household hazardous waste (HHW)?
Household Hazardous Waste will be collected at various times during the year. Collection events will be held at various locations. Items accepted are acids, aerosol cans, all batteries, antifreeze, brake fluid, craft chemicals, degreasers, drain cleaners, fertilizer, fluorescent lights, herbicides, household chemicals, motor oil, paints/stains, paint thinner, pest strips, pesticides, pharmaceutical, photo chemicals, pool chemicals, oil filters, solvents, transmission fluid and varnishes. There is no charge for this service, however, proof of residency will be required (i.e. photo ID and recent water bill). Please contact the Environmental Programs Specialist at 817-426-9842 for more information concerning collection events or other needs.

Show All Answers

1. What is the difference between trash and garbage?
2. What are my garbage collection days?
3. Why did they leave my garbage, leaves, or limbs/brush behind?
4. Does the City credit bills if our garbage isn't picked up?
5. If our pickup day is a holiday, will garbage be picked up the next day?
6. What are the garbage collection holidays?
7. What is the schedule for garbage collection?
8. How do I begin receiving garbage collection service?
9. Where is the nearest landfill?
10. How do I dispose of household hazardous waste (HHW)?
11. What outside companies can/do provide garbage collection service in Burleson?
12. Can pizza boxes be recycled?
13. When do I put my Special Pick Up items out?
14. What items can I put at the curb for my monthly zone and weekly garbage pick up?
15. What items can the crews not pick up?
16. What should we do with our yard waste?
17. What if I don't want a recycling cart?
18. Where should I store by recycling cart?