Do I need a permit for a garage sale and if so how do I obtain one?
The City of Burleson requires a permit for garage sales. More information is available on the Garage Sales Information page.

No more than one sign shall be posted on any residential property advertising such sales.

No more than three signs shall be allowed for each permit issued.

Signs can not be placed on utility poles or on any state rights of way and may not be closer than 10 feet to the street pavement. Signs cannot be placed on vehicles. Additional sign(s) placed off premise must be on privately owned, developed, occupied property, subject to permission of the property owner.

Sales are limited to two per calendar year and are not to exceed three consecutive days in length.

Any sign in violation of the regulations is subject to removal by City ordinance, and the related sale holder will be cited.

On-premise signs may be posted 24 hours before the sale, but must be taken down within 24 hours after the sale.

Permits may be obtained at City Hall in the Building Permits and Inspections Office. Call 817-426-9632 for more information. Garage Sale Information

Show All Answers

1. What codes does the City currently use?
2. What are the specifications for operating a business from my home?
3. What is the fax number for Building Inspections?
4. What is required to register as a contractor with the City of Burleson?
5. Where do I get a Certificate of Occupancy, register my business, and get a tax ID number?
6. Do I need a permit for a garage sale and if so how do I obtain one?
7. Is a permit required for a storage building?
8. Is a permit required for a fence?
9. Is a permit required for a swimming pool?
10. How can I request an inspection?
11. Do I need a permit for a retaining wall?
12. What is the ordinance for sign placement and are permits required?