Terms and Conditions
The City of Burleson believes that getting feedback from the community is crucial to improving life for for those who live, work and play in Burleson. The City's Community Voice is a communication tool on the City website, www.burlesontx.com. It is open to anyone who wants to create a profile and participate with Community Voice, or for someone who just wants to read others' ideas on Community Voice without creating a profile.
The goals of Community Voice are to:
1. Provide additional channels of input for citizens and other potentially-affected interests
2. Increase the transparency of the City's decision-making process
3. Facilitate a sense of community
4. Reach new audiences with City messages and information.
The City's Community Voice is a productive and open forum for discussion. Posted comments must be constructive and suitable for all readers, while respecting a range of opinions and points of view. The City of Burleson can not endorse and does not recommend any businesses or business ventures. Therefore, any postings made on the City's Community Voice page that tout a business or business venture will be deleted.It is acceptable for participants to suggest that the City pursue the addition of a restaurant, retailer, or other business. Posts to the Community Voice need to stay on topic or they will be deleted.
1. Your comments must be civil. They must not contain malicious, offensive, threatening, profane or insulting language.
2. No references to the personality of other participants or individuals, or attacks on individual character will be permitted.
3. Advertising or promotional announcements are not permitted. Event or publication announcements are permitted only if they have direct relevance to the subject of discussion.
4. This is a forum for community issues and not for electoral campaign purposes. Those messages will be deleted.
5. You are legally responsible for what you write in this space and it must not breach any law, confidentiality or copyright. Because you are responsible for your statements, be careful about exaggeration, innuendo, etc.
Comments on the Community Voice are not deemed to be official public testimony concerning any project or program for which the City is required to hold a public hearing. Expressing your opinion here is for discussion only and is not a substitute for a formal statement in a public hearing process