|Material Type||Checkout Length||Limit|
|Books, DVDs, Magazines, Audiobooks & Playaways||3 weeks||50|
|Video Games||3 weeks||2|
|Library of Things||3 weeks||2|
|Book Club Kits||6 weeks||2|
|Wi-Fi Hotspots||1 week||1 per household|
These limits are for materials at the Burleson Public Library only. Materials requested from other libraries may have different checkout lengths, limits or late fees.
The Burleson Public Library does not charge late fees for overdue materials, but we do ask that you return library materials promptly out of consideration for others.
- You will receive a courtesy notification when library materials are due. You can choose how you'd like to receive notifications from us by logging into your account and choosing SMS (text messages) or email.
- If you have materials that are two weeks overdue, your account will be blocked from borrowing until the overdue items are returned. You will also be blocked from borrowing digital items until your account is cleared.
- Materials that are overdue for more than 30 days will be considered lost and you will be charged for the replacement cost of the item.
We have video games that can be checked out for three weeks with your library card. There is a limit of 2 games per card.
We have a variety of kits available for check out, including Read It Again Kits, STEM Kits, Book Club Kits, Family Book Club Kits, and Baking Kits. Book Club Kits check out for six weeks, all other kits check out for three weeks.
Library of Things
Your library card allows you to check out a variety of items for all ages and interests. To borrow items from our Library of Things collection, you must be at least 18 years of age, have a library card in good standing for at least six months, and sign a borrower agreement.
- Telescope Kit
- Picnic Date Kit
- Scary Movie Date Night Kit
- Games Night Date Night Kit
- Knitting Kit
- Crochet Kit
- Graphing calculator
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- Projector Kit
- 3D Pen Kit
- Disc Golf Kit
The library has mobile Wi-Fi hotspots, which can be checked out for one week by Burleson Library cardholders ages 18 and up. The portable hotspots provide an internet connection for phones, tablets, or laptops anywhere there is a cell connection. Hotspots must be returned to the library services desk during business hours. Hotspots require a signed borrower agreement.