Animal Surrender

Adopt-a-Pet Rehoming

Due to the Burleson Animal Shelter being over capacity for dogs, we are currently not accepting owner surrenders and are encouraging owners to visit Adopt-a-Pet's website as an alternate resource.

Burleson Animal Shelter Surrender

If you have a stray that wandered into your yard or a family pet you can no longer care for, the Burleson Animal Shelter can help. People who reside within the corporate city limits of Burleson may surrender animals to the shelter so the staff can take steps to get them appropriate care.

In order to surrender an animal to the Burleson Animal Shelter, residents need to complete the appropriate pet personality profile and turn it in to the staff when the animal is delivered to the shelter.

Outside the City Limits?

People who live outside Burleson’s corporate city limits and wish to surrender an animal need to take the animal to the shelter in their city. County residents may take their animals to the Humane Society of North Texas shelter in Fort Worth (817-332-4768), or the Fort Worth Animal Care and Control (817-392-3737).