Council Place 6
Elected to City Council in May 2023
Councilmember Russell is currently a member of the following City Council Committees:
- Economic Development Corporation Type A
- Community Services
- Governance & Stewardship
- Public Safety
Adam has lived in Burleson since 2009 and worked at a local Burleson bank since 2001. In his current role as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, he focuses on investment management, budgeting and auditing, financial and credit analysis, asset-liability management, and problem solving.
Adam has a heart for civic service by giving back to the community he calls home. He served as a board member of the Johnson County Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) from 2012 to 2018, serving as Chair in 2014 and 2017. He also served as a board member of the Burleson Area Chamber of Commerce from 2013 to 2016 and 2019 to 2021, serving as Chair in 2015 and Treasurer in 2021. He was also a member of the Burleson Young Executives Alliance Class of 2016 (now called Leadership Burleson). He served as President of the Burleson Rotary Club from 2017 to 2018.
Adam’s service to the City of Burleson began in 2016 when he was appointed as a commissioner on the Burleson Planning and Zoning Commission representing Place 4. He served as Chair of the Commission from 2022 to 2023 before stepping down to assume his City Council position.
He was also Chair of the Burleson Charter Review Committee from 2018 to 2019.
- B.B.A., Finance – Southern Methodist University, 2003
- Diploma – Southwestern Graduate School of Banking at SMU, 2008
- J.D., Business Law Certificate – Texas Tech University School of Law, 2008
- Fort Worth Business Press Forty Under Forty Award, 2018
- Burleson Rotary Club Rotarian of the Year, 2018
- Burleson Rotary Club Service Above Self Award, 2018
- Burleson Star Newspaper "Best Banker", 2015
- Member of the State Bar of Texas, 2009 - Present