Household Hazardous Waste

Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events

The City will host the next Household Hazardous Waste Collection, Electronic Recycling and Paper Shredding event in the spring of 2022, at the City’s Service Center, 725 SE John Jones Dr. 

Recycling Event

The City will host a Recycling Event on Nov. 6, 2021 from 9 - 11 a.m. at the City's Service Center that will be available to Burleson residents only. Residents may recycle their tires (limit four), electronics and bring paper for shredding (limit three boxes per household) to this free event. Donated clothing will also be accepted for Your Harvest House Burleson. Proof of residency is required, e.g. City water or solid waste bill. No Household Hazardous Waste items will be accepted. 
Recycling Event

Environmental Collection Center

Residents who do not want to wait until the next HHW collection event in Burleson, can take their household hazardous waste to the Environmental Collection Center (ECC). The ECC is open Thursdays and Fridays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. It is located at 6400 Bridge Street in Fort Worth. For directions, call 817-392-EASY (3279). There is no fee for dropping off your household hazardous waste, however, residents must take a City of Burleson water or solid waste bill as proof of residency.

What’s Accepted by the ECC?

Note: the items listed in these sections WILL NOT be accepted at the City's Recycling Event. This information only applies to the ECC.
  • Acids
  • Aerosol Cans
  • Antifreeze
  • Batteries (All Kinds, Including Car Batteries)
  • Brake Fluid
  • Cooking Oil
  • Craft Chemicals
  • Degreasers
  • Drain Cleaner
  • Fertilizer
  • Fluorescent Light Bulbs
  • Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs)

  • Herbicides
  • Household Chemicals
  • Motor Oil
  • Paints and Stains, Paint Thinners (20-gallon limit per household)
  • Pest Strips, Pesticides
  • Photo Chemicals
  • Pool Chemicals
  • Oil Filters
  • Solvents
  • Transmission Fluid
  • Varnish
What’s Not Accepted?
  • Ammunition
  • Asbestos
  • Building Materials
  • Butane Cylinders
  • Electronics
  • Explosives
  • Medical Waste

  • PCBs
  • Propane Cylinders
  • Radioactive Material
  • Smoke Detectors
  • Tires
If you have questions about a specific waste not listed above, please call 817-392-EASY (3279).