Become a Firefighter
The department anticipates to hire 10 firefighter positions by January 2023. All applicants are required to successfully complete each phase of the selection process. The entire process takes approximately two months. Each candidate will be advised of their status and test dates as they move through the various steps.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have at least one of the following certifications:
- Basic firefighter certification from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- EMT certification
- Paramedic certification
- Hold certification with a fire or EMS agency in another state that has reciprocity with the State of Texas or IFSAC seal and/or National Registry
- Once assigned by the department, you must be able to successfully complete courses, obtain and retain TCFP Basic Fire Certification, EMT, EMT-A, Paramedic, and/or successfully complete our medical director credentialing process.
- Valid Texas Class “B” Drivers License with good driving record within one (1) year of employment.
- Paramedic certification preferred.
- Starting Salary - $69,360
- Step Plan Top Out - $87,863.17
- Paramedic Pay - $2,400
- Education/Certification Pay - $600 - $1,450 based on level
- Link to Benefits
- TMRS Pension 2 to 1 match
- TMRS Life Death Benefit 1x annual base pay provided
- Optional 457 and Roth
- Social Security
- 2 Medical Plans
- High Deductible with a City provided HSA
- Co-Pay plan with a City provided HRA Reimbursement
- Additional HSA/FSA
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance 2x annual base pay provided
- Optional purchase Life Insurance and Supplemental Medical available
- Long/Short Term Disability is provided
- 2 weeks paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Vacation
- 13 days Sick Leave
- 10 paid Holidays
- Other paid leave available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program Incentives
About UsBurleson Fire / EMS is a rapidly growing, all hazards response organization responding to approximately 6,500 calls per year. Burleson Fire / EMS currently responds out of three stations with a fourth anticipated around 2026-2027 as approved by voters in a recent bond election.
Becoming a Burleson Firefighter
The most qualified applicants as determined from the applications will be selected to take the test. This post is to establish an eligibility list.
- An employment application must be completed online or sign up for "Job Alerts" on the job portal for future employment opportunities.
- Applicants selected for testing (based on qualifications) will be notified in writing before the test date.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, October 14, 2022
TESTING DATE: Multiple written test dates will be available including a remote testing option.
PHYSICAL AGILITY TESTING:
Fire Service Training Center at Tarrant County College
4801 Marine Creek Parkway, Fort Worth, TX 76179
Persons who have tested at Tarrant County College and hold a PAT card (within past six months), will not be required to test again.