Rapid Entry Key Box System
Fire Department Emergency Access to Your Property
The Burleson Fire Marshal's Office encourages, and in some instances requires, the use of a KNOX-BOX for local homeowners and businesses. This system provides the quickest and most secure method of access to your property or building during an emergency.
How It Works
It's 2 a.m. The fire alarm in your building is ringing and the fire department responds. Rather than forcing entry through the door, fire fighters open the KNOX-BOX, remove the entrance keys, and immediately enter your facility to search for the cause of the alarm.
Eliminating forced entry means no property damage and no replacement costs for broken windows and forced doorframes or locks. It also means no flying glass to injure fire firefighters.
More information or to order your Knox box.
Reasons Why to Install a Knox Box
- Eliminate needless, costly forced entry damage that may not be covered by your insurance deductible.
- Assure immediate building entry by fire fighters without delay or waiting for building keys.
- Protect inventory, equipment and supplies from unnecessary water damage caused by delayed sprinkler shut-off.
- Satisfy local fire codes and emergency access ordinances.
- Save time and aggravation by not having to drive to your building at various times for a false alarm.
- Feel secure about emergency coverage when your building is left unattended. The fire department holds the only key to the KNOX-BOX.
- Maintain building security after a fire alarm investigation by simply re-locking the undamaged door.
- Protect your property from thousands of dollars in damage with this 1-time, low cost investment.
- Depend on the highest lock box security available with attack resistant, UL-tested reliability.